Monday 30 April 2012

a rosebud cardigan for Baby Jude

Though without the rosebuds...











The rosebud cardigan pattern is in Erika Knight's simple knits for cherished babies. And rather than scribble thoughts on scraps of paper to get lost, I'm going to write them here... wool used is Debbie Bliss cashmerino as that's what I had in my basket. Possibly slightly chunkier than the wool used in the pattern. Knitted on the same size needle though as the tension square was close-ish. And I carried on using the 2.75 mm needles for the final castoff edge rather than the 2.25mm stated in the pattern as I haven't got that size. Sorry Jude. Though I really hope you won't notice.

Such sweet buttons. Maybe can't see in my photos but they are teeny dishes with bands of rainbow stripes. Must buy some more from John Lewis. They also have a nautical version (red, blue and white stripes) though had sadly sold out in Cambridge. Let me know Newbury Wives if anyone is planning a pop to Reading!

I do love the dreamy fabric behind the cardigan. It's part of the growing collection of fabrics for Patch's quilt, it reminds him of Granny and Grandad's tortoises Bill and Ben.

Off to plant some ranunculus in pots for near the front door... and to make the most of this sunny day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment