Tuesday 31 July 2012

More shorts...

With all that sun I really wanted to try this pattern for Patch... the Madras-Check Shorts from Fiona Bell's Vintage Style for Kids












I used yet more of the decades-old sarong fabric - not much left now - as I wasn't sure about sizes. I made size 5 which is a little big around the waist, a fine length, but just baggy everywhere. Instead of making a drawstring I used some blue twill ribbon thing and I think that was my only deviation from the pattern.

The shorts have a functioning fly which isn't needed for getting the shorts on and off as they are drawstring, so maybe a mock fly would be better? Patch has discovered the fully functioning zip and excitedly called me to come and see - he was dropping cars through the hole and laughing as they came out the legs. So maybe that fly does have a use after all...

This book appears to assume a fair level of sewing knowledge unlike the thorough instructions of an Oliver&S pattern. As the fit of the Sandbox pants is better for Patch I shall stick to my favourite... sorry Madras-Check Shorts.

We had been having such fun in the garden in the hot sunny weather. We bought a motor to fit onto Patch's Playmobil boats which whilst fun in the bath are so much more so in the paddling pool




especially with Chunk at the wheel.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment