Sunday 30 September 2012

Pinafore dress for Isabel

For Isabel's second birthday I made this





The pinafore dress from Emma Hardy's making children's clothes. An oh-so-simple pattern with buttoned back. Sweet.




It does look rather wide though for a 2 year old, but maybe I've forgotten the dimensions of a toddler. It actually does look quite wide on the child modelling it in the book. Hopefully it won't swamp Isabel!

I made size 2-3 years with a floral cord from my pile(s)... I think it came from Ditto Fabrics in Brighton and we haven't lived there for seven years. I lined the pinafore in a blue gingham and buttons from Great Gran's button box. This pattern really is simple though I made a few alterations - I finished all seams even though they are in fact hidden, but I didn't want any fraying in the wash. I added some top stitching around the neck and arm holes and I tucked the lining behind the hem of the main fabric rather than hem them separately. Does that last bit make sense?

Do so hope it fits! Happy birthday, Isabel.

Shall we blame Betty for the slowness of makes at the moment?






- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday Isabel , I hope your sweet dress fits, Betty is rather cute. I look forward to seeing more of your sewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a darling, little Betty. That cute, cheeky little face. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun with her!

    ReplyDelete