Monday 19 May 2014

Another wooly cowl... Surely the last of the wooly makes?

Though this one was found in the basket of hats and gloves as I was clearing it this weekend to make room for sunscreen and sunhats. There may still be more... And to call this just a wooly cowl is oh so wrong for it is the softest thing ever. Delicious to wear. And all because of the yum Debbie Bliss luxury silk it is knitted in
Mr R gave me this wool for a silk wedding anniversary, what a lucky duck. And after feeling it it was plain that it just had to be a cowl. I found Heidi Marie Robinson's Wren Cowl on Ravelry and loved those sweet little stars. Knitted on 3.75 mm needles and used a rather decadent two balls of this DK weight.  Oh, and this is the pretty duck egg colour...

Lovely to knit, and lovely to wear! Thank you Mr R!

4 comments:

  1. Lovely....something I need to put on my list to do if I ever get the time. Vx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh those I-dream-of-making-one-of-those lists! Mine is endless because there always seems to be something more urgent to be making for someone else... Hope work going happily!

      Delete
  2. so pretty, what a lovely colour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you... a lovely pattern, just love all those little starbursts. And Mr R did brilliantly with the colour!

      Delete