Not too sure it can be seen in these photographs, but the waistcoat is made out of a tufty type fleece fabric. I'm sure there is a better term. It malted horribly during construction but has since behaved. And a strip of felt for a belt, with yet more Velcro at the back. When Pea wore this for his party there was extra lacing on the arms, done with more of the brown lace tied in a criss cross fashion. It sort of stayed there for the party, though I was sure it wouldn't survive the school day.
Oh, I did have fun crocheting a Viking helmet
I followed Crochet Parfait's viking helmet pattern, which includes instructions for a child size. The
helmet is made using Drops big merino in grey with off white horns, and trim bits in (I think) Drops extra fine merino in light grey. This wool is oh so soft, and a lovely price, but has made quite a drapey helmet. I probably should have used a smaller hook size, but the size given in the pattern gave the correct tension... I think this floppiness has resulted in the horns being a little droopy. There were plans to crochet a Toothless for a birthday present for Pea, which I started. I then thought I may finish him for World Book Day, but I ran out of wool so Toothless is still also legless. And wingless.
And progress on my weekend blanket. Not much different from last weekend!