Thursday 22 November 2012

Baby Polly's knitted blanket

Another dreamy knit from Hadley Fierlinger's Vintage Knits


This sweet pattern is the Heirloom Blanket and is such an easy, gentle knit. We had a few beautifully sunny and warm Sundays about a month ago, and this was taken along to the bouncy pillow where I happily sat and knitted in the sun while Patch merrily bounced. For hours.

I used smc select extra soft merino cotton, a brand I've not used or heard of before, but found in a local wool shop and I liked the colour. Oh, and I thought Polly's Mummy would like the colour too! And yes Jo, it is machine washable but at 40... no putting it in with a 60 wash!


It has knitted into a nicely soft and squishy blanket. And no need for a Sssh! as Polly has now received her parcel of makes, and I'm hoping is snuggled under this blanket right now.

I've had a fun morning at Patch's school, accompanying a small group as they used cameras to take photographs of everything they saw as beautiful or interesting. Squeals of delight. And another group were busy lighting fires with Forest School, whilst others were baking. What lucky children! And now I'm off across this field to collect P from school...


Photograph courtesy of the lovely Linda

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment