Friday 5 April 2013

A happy Easter...




Well, happy-ish! It all started rather well, as my sis and family came to visit and we don't see them nearly enough. Patch was so excited to have some fun with his cousins. And we did have a few days before nasty illness struck... sunny days playing in the forest, scooting in Aldeburgh, but it was oh so cold. Patch managed a fun Easter egg treasure hunt with Reuben and Casper... and then didn't move from the sofa for a few days. Poor thing. And gradually we all succumbed, so not the cheeriest of Easter times here!

Tricky to take a cheery bright photograph of the Easter makes this year as the weather has been so glum, so these are the best photographs of the thank you presents Patch took to school


Tucked in the jar was a sweet springtime bath bomb and a knitted flannel


I used the waffle knit dishcloth pattern found on Ravelry, and have only just realised it glamourously calls itself a dishcloth rather than a flannel or washcloth. Well, I think it also makes a sweet flannel! I used the smallest needle size recommended for the wool, Rowan handknit cotton, as I wanted a tight knit. The wool was found in my please-do-use-me-basket in a shade appropriately called ice water (it was snowing here again yesterday!)

Looking forward to us all feeling brighter next week. And maybe the weather too? Hope you had a merry Easter time!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment