I thought this would be a simple and satisfying make and happily cut out the squares and selected a contrast thread for the hemming. And that is where these stopped being oh so simple as I merrily decided that what these birthday hankies needed was a rolled hem. And so I started with my bright contrast thread and oh my. Those rolled hems are not as easy and not as straight as I hoped for! Once I got started on a side it went swimmingly but to stop the machine eating the fabric I found the only thing to do was to start stitching a little way in from the end. This meant that each end of each side then needed to be hand sewn and, well, not quite the hem I was planning. Next time they will have a simple stitched hem and probably look much neater for it! Though they do look lovely all in a pile
And it is fun getting texts from Linda informing me which hankie she has selected for a certain day. Such fun! Happy nose-blowing Linda!