Monday 26 January 2015

A dreamy knit for Baby Leo

I do love knitting for babies... such special knits to make and parcel up with love. Baby Leo has already received a sweet pebble vest, and I wanted to knit something else to go with a dear stripey babygrow. Kelly Brooker's puerperium cardigan has been sitting in my Ravelry favourites for a while, an ideal knit for Baby Leo who arrived early, as this cardigan is intended for those first few weeks as a newborn.

This is such a dear little knit. And the pattern for the newborn size is free which is rather lovely. The cardigan can be knitted with short or long sleeves - I think this short sleeved version is the sweetest as it allows for extra sweet viewings of those tiny striped arms. I used some oh so soft Sublime baby cashmere merino silk dk in the delightfully sounding nutkin.
The buttons are from the tin and are sewn on with a mustard yellow thread for added colour. 
I had intended to make more things for Baby Leo before I realised that really I should be getting on with Christmas makes. So sorry Lou and Rachael... maybe for Leo's first birthday!

4 comments:

  1. it is very sweet, and an unusual design too. Lucky Baby Leo!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is different isn't it? Certainly caught my eye on Ravelry and a joy to knit!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A sweet knit to make... I would love to do more in various colours. And oh the opportunities with all of those buttons!

      Delete