Saturday 14 June 2014

A Mother's Day potholder

As I was searching for a crochet potholder pattern I came across  Heather Tucker's The Best Crocheted Potholder... should be a good pattern! And it was, nice and simple and satisfyingly thick so no burning of fingers
I used Lion Brand's kitchen cotton in Blueberry, purchased during a lovely pop to Wibbling Wools in Bury St Edmunds with a knitty friend. A friend in every other way too, but Anna happens to knit so is particularly lovely to be with when visiting wool shops. I used a 5mm hook with this chunky, stiff cotton as I was told to do in the pattern and it really did result in a thick potholder. So my addition of batting and fabric on the back was not at all needed, but I liked the look
Mr R lovingly parcelled this up with some biscuits and Suffolk tea for his Mum. 

Hope you all have sunny days planned for tomorrow with those Daddys! Patch has requested a trip to Aldeburgh with lunch at Delphine's Diner (gorgeously vintage) as Daddy likes the veggie burgers. So he does, as does little P!

No comments:

Post a Comment