Monday 16 June 2014

A pretty poncho... or shawl?

Hmmm... poncho to me means a circular crochet delight in pale pink and white with a hole for a head and large pom poms at the neck. I cannot call this a poncho, though Nicki Trench does in her book Crochet Living
Rather adventurously I chose Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran in grey for this make - just the same as used in the book. So daring, but as this was made as a birthday gift for a lovely friend, it was a colour I thought she would like. This can be made fairly rapidly, though there may have been some desperate crocheting at a bowling party P went to last summer in an attempt to finish it in time...

And oh those buttons!
A local craft shop bought a whole selection of vintage buttons from a tiny button shop that closed when the new shopping centre was built. Oh I do wish I had known that shop.

I do love the stitch used for this shawl, and the shape, oh and the chance to use some gorgeous buttons. So much so that I made one for myself straight away. Well, that was last summer now and I wear mine so much. Hope you are loving your pretty shawl too, Lou!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hello! Do hope all well with you... and thank you for commenting on the pretty poncho all those months ago! So long ago in fact that I have since made one more...

      Delete