Monday 6 March 2017

Cosy cowl

It may be March, yet there is still a definite need for cosiness and these cowls are just the thing. I first saw the pattern for the Carloway cowl in issue 83 of Inside Crochet and it was one of those must-make-this-right-away makes. The colours of the original, the fluffiness of the alpaca, but most of all the shape - this is a tight fitting, sturdy cowl which stands up and covers ears with no danger of flopping down.

A quick pop to the local yarn shop later, and I had some Ella Rae cozy alpaca
The colours are natural, teal and grey. This is an oh so soft baby alpaca blend with actually a large proportion of acrylic but without a hint of squeakiness. So I set to and made myself a cowl
 Which I loved so much for its cosiness and ability to stay up around my ears that I decided to make one for my sister's birthday too
 Mr R recognised just how snug I was looking in mine on a particularly chilly walk to school sometime before Christmas and said that he would very much like one. But not in those colours. So, armed with more suitable charcoal Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran
 I made my third, manly version for Mr R's Christmas present.  I still do love those original colours, so maybe there will be a fourth one sometime...


No comments:

Post a Comment