Friday 11 October 2013

Just the weather for a hot water bottle...

...and this makes me happy! Happy as I just love snuggling under an eiderdown with a hot water bottle, sometimes a magazine or book, or some knitting or crochet, or most happily with P watching a film or looking through a treasured Lego book. That is how we plan to spend this rainy weekend. But also this rainy, chilly autumnal weather makes me happy as Craig's Mum can use her newly knitted hot water bottle cover


I used a pattern found in Debbie Bliss' The Knitter's Year - an oh so easy pattern with no shaping involved as the drawstring neatly gathers at the top. The wool used is a Jarol heritage DK in airforce... Craig's Mum has a love of all things navy, I do hope airforce is sufficiently navy-ish! I did check with Mr R... actually, I do believe it was Mr R who spotted this wool in our local wool shop. I was dreamily squishing the delights of Debbie Bliss but decided that I maybe should allow Mr R to have some control over his mother's birthday present. Finished off with some ribbon from the tangled mess which is forever managing to burst out of the box I vainly hope to contain it in, selected by Patch.

We wrapped it up with some classic vintage novels and a box of local Suffolk tea. Happy birthday Linda, hope you had a lovely day!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

  1. That looks like a perfect, squishy hot water bottle cover. It makes me want to make one too, even though we're heading in to summer here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is oh so squishy... and perfect for these autumnal eves! I always think this will be the year I do my knitting for the next season six months before, but it never happens! I really must get on with some festive knits...

      Delete
  2. Brilliant birthday gift, I too love a nice hot water bottle to snuggle up to. Beth :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are snuggling up to that hot water bottle this weekend!

      Delete