Friday 12 February 2016

Beastie feet without the beastliness

 I suppose the only beastly thing about these slippers is their name - Beastie Feet from Kat Goldin's Crochet at Play - as I missed off the beastly toes of the original pattern. This winter was the year of the handmade slippers as presents, and as the pattern I had already tried out (oh yes, there are many more of these to show) would have needed a lot of fiddling to make it fit a six year old, I decided to give this pattern a go though keeping my original plan of pompom slippers.

I made the 6year old size for a nearly six year old, and they fit just fine. Wool is tricky... I think it may be some Wendy chunky as I have the paper wrappers for this and the colours seem right. I'm usually so much better than this at keeping a record of wool used! So, Wendy Serenity chunky it is in colours ochre and Tarmac.

These were fun to make until the sewing together bit, that was a little fiddly. They would probably have looked neater finished in the same wool but I thought I was going to like the contrast, and also by this time (these were actually the last slippers to be made using this wool) I had used up all the ochre wool.

Happy birthday, Pippa!
And I do still want to make this pattern again, this time in all their beastly glory...

4 comments:

  1. They looks fabulous! And I like the colour contrast too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yes, mustard and grey are always winners!

      Delete
  2. These are just toooooo cute!! Especially with the pompoms, I do love a nice pompom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK, so maybe I should read your comments and then write just the one reply! You will have just received my thoughts on a pompom...

      Delete