Saturday 27 February 2016

Some Nola knitted slippers this time...

I think these are the last of the slipper socks for this year. Possibly
 Certainly my favourite - to make and the look of. Just so snug looking. I used the nicely named Nola's knitted slippers and it really is a lovely knit. The pattern is written for a men's medium with worsted weight wool held doubled, I used some Cascade 220 (Smoke) and followed the pattern and they ended up fitting me (sorry Ems, I did try on your slippers) and Ems who has larger feet. Not oddly large by the way - I think Ems is a seven-ish and I am a four.  The photograph above makes them look like little people's slippers, I should have taken an in-foot photo...

And then I did go on to make some for little toes
Not sure of wool used for these as it was all from the basket. I think I used a lighter weight wool for this first pair, knitted double for a seven year old, and the second pair I used a variety of chunky wools. I think the red is some Katia Peru... These were for a nine year old
The pair above remind me of some sweet stripes moccasin slippers P had when he was little. Sadly for me P has enough slippers so I shall have to wait to knit him a pair. The wools from the basket were much softer and floppier (impressive knitting terminology) and so will probably not be as robust as the ones knitted in Cascade 220. But they look sweet, and those feet will grow so I'm sure they will do the job of keeping toes toastie this winter. 

Do hope that you had happy birthdays Ems, Logan and Harry! And that your toes are toastie...

No comments:

Post a Comment