Thursday 7 February 2013

Hello Cowboy...

... it started with a sweet gingham shirt Mr R found for Patch. I liked it so much I decided to plan Logan's birthday present around the shirt. And gingham means cowboys, so...


Hat, waistcoat and sheriff badge were made using the patterns in Emma Hardy's cute and easy costumes for kids. The hat is made from felt and is so floppy and really isn't the best cowboy hat around but somehow the outfit didn't seem complete without one. I added some chunky stitch detail around the brim edge. The badge is just as in the book. For the waistcoat I used the pattern and made it in cord with a red gingham lining but finished it with red bias binding as I felt this made a much more stylish cowboy. The fringing is brown felt.

The idea for chaps came from a dreamy cowboy costume Patch had from the White Company for I think his second birthday. He still squeezes himself into the waistcoat... I cut the chaps from a big piece of brown felt with Velcro added to the waist, a few Velcro straps around the legs and then fringed the leg edges.


Yee-ha!

And another number 6 tee made for Harry, Logan's brother, parcelled up with Lego and a Bob and Barry's Lunar Adventure book


Happy birthdays Harry and Logan!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment