Friday 20 March 2015

It's cold out there still... just the thing for some more wooly hats

And I can't promise that this is the end of the wooly hats made, though it may well be... have I made any others? Hmmm, not sure. I shall look through the photographs. But anyway part of me (a rather small part) is glad that it is chilly still so I can show you my seasonally appropriate makes.

As it seems to be the year of knitting hats, I decided to continue with the theme for some birthday makes for Patch's friends, and I even tried a new to me pattern
 This is Barley by tin can knits and I love it. The garter stitch section... ooo, I may have another favourite hat (the purl bee classic cuff hat being the other contender). Knitted in Rico Design Essentials soft merino aran in mouse grey with the trim in Jarol heritage DK in teal. And a pom pom, of course. The garter stitch section of the hat meant that it really needed a garter stitch scarf which always look delicious on children
Same wools as the hat with the addition of a ball of cinnamon from the basket.
And then I knitted another hat, but now I have no idea which pattern I used. I do know it is knitted in Rowan pure wool worsted in granite with some Jarol heritage DK in gold and Rico Design Essentials soft merino aran in navy
Happy birthdays Harry and Eddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment